Welcome back. Hope that your recovery happens quickly and easily from here on out.

I don't have any excuse for not participating around here. Just been busy. Work has me traveling more than usual and I put in about 60 hours minimum a week (yay for salaried job where I only get paid for 40 hours of work) since September with no signs of getting better.

I also have started a Winter project. I know, it is May 10th. Winter is (finally) over, but my project was supposed to be done by the end of 2017, and I am only behind by about 5 months (4, plus the fact that I am gone most of May). It is a fun project, but everything is just taking so stinking long to get done...

So what is my project? See below.

Here is where I was back in early December after a lot of planning and hardware gathering that started in early November:

Oddly, it wasn't until around Christmas before I had a "box" put together...

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago, and this is where I am at with my project:

4K primary display, 1080p backbox. Super fast PC on the inside. Lots of force feedback. Actual nudging and working plunger too. Will have full color DMD (score display) and addressable LEDs plus an LED "matrix" to fill the gap above the playfield (which isn't as big as it looks in the photo). All software controlled. I am at the "wiring stage" now, but haven't done any wiring in a few weeks. Maybe it will be ready by the end of THIS year...

Farewell - June 4, 2020