So! Back to this, I finally did decide to figure out a way to add another sub even the "recreational director" was opposed. I found a spot in the rear of the room where it could be mostly hidden from normal view. After a bit of manipulation and adding a vibration isolation pad under the sub, the room now holds huge bass with no vibration problems and the wife is totally fine with the look of it. Win Win...

Now onto my issue with my center channel......I messed around with the center placement and such inside the cavity. Didn't make the biggest difference. HOWEVER!!! I did decide to try some decoupling of the cavity as I was also getting in wall vibrations when the bass from the center kicked in. I built a box 1" smaller than the cavity out of MDF. I then bought 3/4" rubber vibration isolation pads (same as I used under my sub) and lined the cavity fully with those. Also on the inside of the new box. So I now have a box within a box completely decoupled from the original cavity and wrapped in rubber vibration control. I placed the center speaker back inside the new box and surrounded it fully with foam pads and pillows which I picked up at the local Walmart in the bedding section.. :-). Turns out my issue was an echo that was being created during dialog only scenes. Wasn't as noticeable during explosions due to the sheer volume (however the vibrations inside my walls certainly were). This new design completely solved my problem. The VP160 sounds as amazing as everyone always said it would. It was just my original design that was the problem.....

Last edited by aarons; 06/05/18 10:07 PM.

It all matters.....just not very much.