Originally Posted By Gr8_White_North

In preparation for receiving my new VP180OW and it's increased power demands at 4-ohm, I did get one of these T9 Cooling Fans and rearranged my media cabinet to make room for it.

I was skeptical it would make much of a difference but glad I made the purchase. Prior to adding the fan, I took a reading using an infrared thermometer at 3 points in a movie. My AVR started at 73F, was at 90F about 30 minutes in and was peaking at about 100F by the end. That's HOT!

Next I let everything cool down and rearranged my media cabinet to how it would be before I put on the T9 to see if the added breathing room would make a big difference. Not so much, even with the addition of 6" of space above it, the AVR peaked at around 100F.

Next I placed the T9 on top of my AVR and started the process again... AVR started at 73F, climbed to 85F (where I set the T9 to trigger), and bingo, fans kicked in and the T9 kept the AVR at between 80F-85F for the full 2 hours of the movie.

Thanks again Gr8 for the suggestion, hopefully I'll be able to run the VP180OW without issues next month smile