Such a test can never work because it is the familiarity with ones equipment and song preferences that help you notice the differences. I have a lot of songs on my phone and when play it on shuffle in the car some songs sound great and some dont sound so great so there is differences even with how an MP3 is created. I have original recordings on cd that dont sound as good as other simply becasue they were not mixed well in the beginning so your test would never work. As i said , red book is more than adequate and all this high res bs is just that bs. I have music that has been reissued and it has been remastered and sounds different than the original though not necessarily better. I really dont think there is a test we can do that would prove hi res one way or another because music is so subjective and this is why they get away with pushing all this high res bs. We have a crappy stereo at work thats over 30 yrs old the speakers have had different drivers jammed into them and we stream with an internet radio station and it sounds really good and its more to do with the size of the room than anything else. You want big sound you need a big room.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry