Originally Posted By MatManhasgone
But that is the whole point. To say that you can tell the difference between an MP3 and a 24/196 that are about as far apart as you can get, why would it make any difference between how where or when it is played?

It's like the coke/pepsi challenge. if you say you like coke over pepsi, if someone handed you a glass you should be able to tell the difference and tell no matter what. I can tell the difference between coke classic and diet coke. they clearly to me taste different.

But when it comes to music, is it we have such lack of sense in perceiving the differences or is it that they are so marginally small that without a back to back ability to rapidly switch between the two that we won't be able to tell the differences.

To tie this back to the original post, I am just trying to prove that really even if there were a difference, would you have the ability to perceive it and know that what you were listening to was in some way inferior to what you could have.

Point. if you like what you hear, does it really matter?

I would try it for sure. It would have to be level balanced since the loudness really affects how we perceive music. I think my taste buds are smarter than my ears.

DOG is GOD spelled backwards.
What others think of me is none of my business.
M80 V3 MY GLOSS Cherry