Originally Posted By bridgman
So I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of LFR1100's and an ADA1500-4 to drive them, and traded in a few of the speakers I had accumulated along the way.

Congrats! Mine are still going strong, and I do love how the sound seems great across all seating positions in the times I'm not in the direct center. Because of how easy they were to place for good sound, however, I haven't spent much time playing with their positioning. One of these days I should really spend some hours dialing them in further.

I'm only using XLR connections between subwoofers, and it all starts with an RCA from my receiver, so I'm not actually getting a real balanced run. When I had an Integra pre-pro, it did noticeably reduce the noise I was hearing, but I don't currently have an issue with any hum, even just using RCAs. It probably helped having new electrical runs to the basement, with three dedicated circuits going to my HT/PC/network equipment. That being said, I prefer the XLR connections just because they're so much easier to connect and disconnect, as I've ruined RCA connections in the past with how much effort it took to remove the cables.