Originally Posted By Mojo
And what did 401Classic do?

It sounds great on my Audiobytes and I expect it will sound even more amazing on my ADA and v4 system. smile

Thanks!

What I DIDN'T do was mix it and play it back in a room with decent speakers, I used a really nice set of custom IEMs, though. So I need to re-mix it with a room in mind. I will try to get an updated file to Amie and Ian probably by Wed, since all I need to do is re-pan a little and change the levels of a couple things. It sounds great on both my M22s and custom IEMs, but very different from each other.

What I DID do is listen to all 8 tracks that I was given and I decided to eliminate a couple of the tracks because there were cleaner tracks with the same info. For instance there were 3 tracks of the electric guitar. Based on the pic earlier in this thread, I figured that two of them were the ones right on the amp and the third was a few feet away, but it also picked up the acoustic and both vocals (Mojo, the second vocal is a dude, so you may need an upgrade wink ). Guitar amps are famous for giving quite different signatures based on mic placement, even a few inches apart. Once I had the clean channels, I tried to create a soundstage with what I thought I was seeing in the picture - Lead Vocal playing acoustic and B/G vocal playing electric and panned them accordingly, more or less. For the Acoustic, I EQ'd a bump around 300 Hz and a negative peak at 2k Hz and panned it right to match the lead vocal. For the Electric, similar EQ, but I panned one track hard left and the other track just to the right and a light reverb on both. Lead vocal EQ has a bump around 400 Hz and negative spike around 6k Hz to help with sibilance. B/G vocal just got bump at 400Hz. Then the whole thing was run thru its own EQ, a Limiter, a binaural pan at 150% and a very slight reverb.

One of the tracks seemed like the mic was in the middle of the room as just about everything was picked up. Ordinarily this would be the "Room the song was recorded in" but because the anechoic chamber sucked up all the natural echo and ambiance a regular room would lend, it was just a mic too far away from any one thing, so I did not include it in the mix.

So what I can upload is:
- Just the tracks, no nothing - EVERYTHING will be sitting dead center
- Just the tracks, pan only
- The Full Monte, redone on a room with M22s

So there will be 4 versions to take a poll on.

Scott

Scott

My HT