Alright, so a couple of notes after the 2.09 upgrade which couldn't come any sooner as once again the Air (on older firmware) went bizarre on me last night and i could not get anyone's phone to connect to it (would not bring up the UI even though it looked like it was connected by wifi to the devices).

Following the update to 2.09 today, finally by deleting the user data, my Air no longer tries to get connected to my home router and get into a stuck mode where i could not access it short of powering down and taking the Air beyond the range of my home router before starting it up.
That's a plus and a big fix for me.

Now, it took a bit of jiggering, but finally i've got BubbleUPNP (free version) recognizing the Axiom as a renderer. However, i needed to turn off my cellular data to get it to function. At home, the phone defaults to home wifi. When that goes off, it defaults to cellular service. When i switch my wifi to the active AxiomAir, it connects to the Air BUT, unless i turn off the cellular data, Bubble won't recognize the Axiom as a renderer.
Even after turning off the cellular connection, it took a number of restarts of Bubble to 'come around'. Perhaps it wasn't closing out or some background procedure was taking longer to close out than expected. I will continue to test out this working method a few times to be sure that is what needs to be done to get the Air and Bubble working together on this Google Pixel 2 (Android).
Related to that point, i might have to consider getting the paid version of Bubble since some of its limitations i think are part of my problems with trying to setup playlists or find music or search by folder, etc.
ADDED NOTE: I also needed to turn off the cellular connection with the Apple iPhone or the UI would not connect. It popped up a window with the UI asking to login. There is of course no login, but if i canceled this window or used the home button to try and get to the music player, the iPhone would get bumped off the Air hotspot and go back to my home wifi.
With the cellular data turned off i got a baloon popup that asked if i wanted to continue using the Axiom network without internet and selecting yes then finally put the iPhone into its usual mode with the Air.
Bottom line, cellular data needs to be off on the phones when connecting to the Air or it won't work.

Second glitch, the Axiom app no longer connects to the Air. It is a complete bust.
I have no problem getting the user interface through a browser though.
Ian, is the Axiom app no longer needed? No longer functioning? Browser only access to the UI? Is it being updated or should i just uninstall it now and not bother with it at all?

Third, one MAJOR thing that i noticed was absent from the UI was the ability to limit the maximum volume. I REALLY need this one back. The kids crank the Air to 100% in the locker room and i've observed some very audible distortion when volume is maxed out. For most songs, i found that limiting the Air to 90% was acceptable and feel better that the kids won't blow the drivers under these conditions.
Can that volume limiter feature be brought back in?

Lastly, i have yet to get a Bluetooth dongle to test out that aspect, but will do so in the next few weeks and provide more input on its success or issues with connectivity. I will also test out the switching between different people's devices to test it's ability to do so smoothly. There's nothing more annoying than taking 20 minutes to get a person onto the unit and first having to get someone else off their connection because there is no master control to boot someone's device once connected.

Last edited by chesseroo; 01/03/19 07:24 PM. Reason: added note

"Those who preach the myths of audio are ignorant of truth."