The Next Instalment....

I went back to the Electronics Shop and got some other guy who told me while the first guy is the expert, the Rectifier is around the wrong way. Swapped the Rectifier and the burnt resistors. The Project Board is dead. No Idea. All it does now is heat the resistors in the RP1 and the project board

Time to move on. Off to a local home automation shop who sells this nifty little "12-24VDC General Purpose Timer" and it is all assembled.
https://www.sprintintercom.com.au/CT1/#catalog.product.manual
They told me it would do exactly what I want! Yeah no.... Turns out the monitoring of the trigger only starts a few seconds after power up. At this point I already have the circuit live so it just waits for a change that never comes. Sigh... spoke to their tech support and got another old time expert who said, no probs. Add in a simple RC Time Constant (one Resistor and One Capacitor) between Pos and Trigger and as the Cap takes some time to charge up this is where you can get your delay needed for the monitoring of the trigger to start. He was not sure of the values but get some caps in the range of 470-2200uf and some resistors in the range of 10-100K, check out some of the on line calculators and you will be good to go. Nope.... this things triggers at 3v. No combinations of Caps/Resisters I just got would not instantly trip the trigger.

That is it for today. Stay tuned for the next instalment smile

HT:M80,VP150,QS8,EP500 Outside:4xM3 Office:AudioBytes, Rumpus: M60,VP150,M22 Portable:2 x Airs