I have made myself up a large stand several years ago. After living with it, I have concluded it is far from perfect. I am a woodworker so building something new isn't a problem.

My current thought is to make something a bit more modular. Just because the heights and widths are correct right now, doesn't mean that they will be in a year or two from now. So if I build something that can be adjusted for spacing between the shelves then that would solve that issue.

I currently have tempered glass shelves. They look nice, but I am wondering if they sound nice too? The idea of vibration effects the sound that you get, glass is a very reflective surface, so sound hitting it is reflected back off it so depending on the angle of the sound it can just as easily bounce back. We don't make speakers out of glass, rather out of MDF and for good reason. There is a consistent density throughout but I don't know what the sound properties are? Is it a reflective, abosorbion or transmission type material?

Then you get to vinyl records, and a turn table. Are you wanting that to sit on something that will absorb any sound vibration, or do you want it sitting on something very heavy and dense?

Cable management is also a consideration. Would you want all your cables to be run together in a single channel or would you want them each to be run seperate so nothing crosses each other?

All questions worth considering and need to be answered with weighted priority to build the perfect stand.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5