Originally Posted By brwsaw
M22 v4 virtual center?

I am actually now thinking of moving my m22 v3 to surround position.

I had never really considered a virtual center. It is an interesting concept as I won't be able to get my center to the same height as L/R. I might just give this a try. Have you tried a virtual center? If so, thoughts?

Can always add a center later if needed.

Is there typically a setting on the receiver to do this? Or does it just 'happen' as part of audyssey setup when it sees there is no center?

You and Mojo have now suggested the m22 v4. Is it really that much better than the v3 (they look identical, lol)?

I can't imagine this is a superior speaker to the m60? Are you thinking from a dollar perspective? Or is there some other reason one would go m22v4 over m60? Is the m60 a v4 speaker now?

Originally Posted By bman84
Add-on modules fire sound at a point on the ceiling that would be somewhere between directly above itself and MLP. If that point isn't flat, or is too close to a wall/bulkhead, the reflected sound will be compromised.

My bulkhead starts 5.5 feet from my front wall and 5 feet from my back wall. My head will be about 7.5 feet from front wall and 7 feet from back wall, pretty much under the middle of the bulkhead.

I suspect the majority of where the sound hits the ceiling would be flat (and, I guess, I could play with the angle of the 'atmos' speaker and fine tune), the reflection down would likely be partially impeded by the bulkhead.

Even so, I am thinking this would be preferable to a 7ft height overhead. And with the overheads, I cannot get the two speakers to be the same distance from the main listening position - though I suspect Audyssey would take care of that?

Bottom line is that my space has some challenges when it comes to Atmos setup, so just have to get things as good as I can, understanding it is not going to be a 'reference' setup.