I moved the M100s into the living room earlier today. I used the "two-sphinctered grip" technique to haul them up from the basement. That's the left finger in the rear sphincter and the right finger in the front sphincter. That's a first for me! It worked real well.

You can see the contrast in size between the M100s, M50s and M3s. I've said good things about the M50s, and they are all true, but hot damn...the M100s just blow the M50s out of the water in every possible way. I am really shocked how good the M100s sound in my very live living room. I don't think I can let them go back to the basement now.

I'm listening in 2.0 with my Pioneer connected through the ADA-1000. Bass is absolutely tight and transparent. Depth is huuuuge. Width is good but nothing like the basement where I have 21 feet of stage to work with. Mids, highs...it's all so good.

On bass-heavy songs, with exceptionally well-recorded macro-dynamics like Holy Cole's The Train Song and Renee Alstead's Hit the Road Jack, the 1000 gives in before I can get that extra "party-mode" SPL. If I had a DSP sub up here, crossed at 80Hz, I know that would not be a problem. The 1000 is also not a problem with the M50s or M3s because those distort before the amp can cut out.

So anyone here considering amps and speakers for visceral entertainment, the M100s are the way to go. For 2.0, consider the ADA-1500.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-LS_9USWfP4DZNJMrowe9zHamdtzSqVW

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated