Originally Posted By brendo
That's where my confusion comes in. At some point there's still an external crossover. So wouldn't that need a chassis for the heat? Plus still limit the drivers to their desired ranges?

I also believe that the ADA Amps are Axioms own specific custom design. Around the time I became an Axiom customer 2013/2014 the blog had some in depth articles and some you tube vids. regarding creating their own design and the differences of typical class D and the ADA.

The external crossover handles everything as a digital "preamp" that separates the signals. We are talking less than a volt in terms of power at this point.

A passive crossover is taking the high powered signal from the power amp, which is where it loses the 3 dB.

In the case of the Active Speakers, each woofer/midrange/tweeter is connected to the dedicated amp that already has the response curve for the crossover sent to it from the DSP.

There are no resistors, capacitors, extra wiring nor anything else between the amp and the speakers.

Another benefit: If one is listening to music with powerful deep bass and female vocals - The mids are delivering the vocals, which won't have the amp being taxed by the deep bass.

Headroom will increase, no signal will be lost. It's all good science.