Originally Posted By craigsub
I did mention to Ian that a tailor made amp with a single 1500, two 1250 and two 1000 channels in a single box, with two boxes required for a speaker pair, would make a great solution.

I think that would require different voltages on the rails for each amp's finial stage ... maybe you might be able to share one mother of a transformer but think little else. Plus the fact that you're limited to what a single outlet can provide.

Instead if you actually thought you needed more than 1 1500 per A-LFR speaker then I'd suspect the best bang for the buck would be something like, and I say this from intuition and without real knowlege of what each of the 5 sections draws under real music conditions, 3 ADA 1500 or 2 ADA 1500 + a 1250 ... a dedicated 1500-1 for each speaker's woofer and 1 ADA-8 for everything else ... I'm sure Ian or Andrew can tell me why the mids and tweet need more to balance out the dedicated 1500-1 ... I mean someone at Axiom (Ian seems likely) felt that insane power of all those amps could at times be needed (at the same time).

Rethinking the balance maybe a dedicated 1500-2 for the woofers and front mids per speaker and a 1250-6 for everything else.