Blair, my living room problem is eating at me:

- The M5 gives me wonderful detail. Broad soundstage. Can't do much about a lack of deep depth of soundstage because I can't move them too far into the room; but the depth is actually pretty good. Highs in that room were a tad too much but with some changes I've made in the room layout, the highs are now perfect. The big problem is the 2.0 bass. It's too much when I turn it up. So I can dial it down by 6dB and it's much better. But then I have to turn it up when I listen quietly. I have to make these adjustments via the Chromecast and it's a PITA.

- The M50 is wonderful in there. But I miss all the M5 detail...LOL!

- The M3 is great but when I crank it, I can hear it straining. Not a fault of the M3. With a sub crossed to it or at saner levels, it's just great.

- The M100, while terrific in the dynamics and detail (more so than the M5), just can't give me the imaging the M5 does. But damn, if I wanted to rock out upstairs and let the neighborhood know about it, that's the speaker to get.

So now I'm left wondering about the M22. It appears highly flat in the Axiom specs. This is one thing I really like about the M50 too. Since the M22 craps out at around 65Hz or so, it might tame the bass problems in my room while maintaining imaging, detail and soundstage.

At least this is how I am justifying the purchase to myself. laugh

Last edited by Mojo; 09/26/19 07:44 PM.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated