Mojo - On a serious note - the post about the $28,000 speaker was satire.

When I did a blind comparison between the M100's and Legacy Signature SE's 4 years ago, the M100's came across as the more musical speaker. Legacy made one of my all time favorite speakers - bought a pair of their Model 1's in 1988.

People were astonished when I preferred the Axioms with the dome tweeters over the 2015 Legacies with a ribbon. This got me thinking about some truly great speakers - like Harbeth -that use domes.

The whole point is that if one takes the Active/Passive 1100's or M100's ... the drivers used can match the drivers from some $15,000 to $100,000 speakers.

And instead of a speaker with built in subs (more satire) - the true superspeaker would be a pair of Active 1100's with a pair of EP800's - similar in form/factor to the Infinity IRS systems of 25 years ago - but much more affordable.

A pair of LFR-1100's, a pair of ADA-1500-5 and a pair of EP800 subs is under $17,000 in the "I can wait 21 days" option.

This is amplification, signal processing, a sound power window that Wilson Audio can't touch for $200,000 and 10 Hz bass with musicality to match anything JL Audio can muster in terms of subwoofer.

This system is so good it is limited primarily by the software - in other words - how well is the music recorded. I can easily hear the difference between the best Spotify and my CD player. The CD player is much better.

For some humor ... "ribbons? we don't need no stinking ribbons!"