Ok, Mojo ... let me elaborate. Gene is not an audio engineer. He is not a designer. And he is not anything close to being competent at audio, let alone an expert. For the record, neither am I. I just have enough self awareness to not think that my reviews are anything special. Gene thinks his word is the end of the discussion, and a few people buy into it.

He acts like he can look at a product and tell you what the performance is. In the meantime, he cannot even perform a listening test with proper protocols.

His "access to people in the know" is nothing more than access to people who sell audio products.

He goes far beyond a "stab" at Axiom. He is a paid hack who shills for products from companies who pay him.

I have first hand knowledge on this, Mojo. I was banned from his forum in 2011 for supposedly "marketing." The marketing was my refusing to pay his site for positive posting.

He not only banned me, but when doing so, he made sure I lost access to the messages between us.

To be blunt - and I am beyond giving a phukk what anyone thinks about me in this industry - the audio industry is filled with more sleaze than prostitution is. This is also why the industry is in the state it is in today.

In 1980, Stereo companies ran ads on national TV, including Monday Night Football. It was a huge, growing industry. This industry killed itself with its approach to the consumer. Snake oil took over, and never let go.

If you think Gene is competent, fine. You are entitled to your opinion. I have read enough of his drivel to know better.

There will be evidence posted in the next week or so to back this up.

There are still a few good guys in the business, but they require work to find.