About 15 years ago, I purchased my first Axiom speakers to begin my home theater journey: 1 pair of M80v2s, 1 pair of QS8 side surrounds and a VP150 center channel. A few year later I build a dedicated theater in the basement with an acoustically transparent screen that allowed me to replace the VP150 with another M80v2 to act as my center channel. I also added a pair of QS8's as I went from 5.1 to 7.1 channel configuration. My last Axiom transaction was to upgrade my QS8 side surrounds to QS10's.

The Axiom marketing blitz for the new LFR1100 actives has got me to thinking again. I will be retiring in April after 47 years of work, and contemplating treating myself to some new gear as a reward. As much as I'd love to pull the trigger on the new LF's with related amps, etc. for 2-channel listening in our living room, I'm not sure how I'd sell that to my wife. Then I started thinking about upgrading the 3 M80's to M100's but not sure if that makes sense in a dedicated surround sound theater with subwoofer. So now I'm thinking about just upgrading the 3 M80v2's to new v4's and maybe including a new amp. I've been powering them with an Outlaw 7500 (200wpc into 8ohms and 300wpc into 4ohms) over the years. Is that a worthy upgrade? The room is 13x18 with only a 7' ceiling. Not sure if that would be a noticeable upgrade.