I finally got the equipment delivered and had some time to set it all up and give it a listen. Long story short, the LFR1100 Actives with the ADA1500-8, ADA1500-7 and one EP800 are the best speakers I have ever heard in my life.

Ian had suggested that I would no longer need the VP180 with the LFR1100s and he is absolutely correct. Also on his recommendation I turned off Audyssey, and crossed over to the EP800 at 40 Hz (from the LFR1100s DSP). I have come to the conclusion that with these speakers I actually much prefer listening to music in stereo mode than any type of surround. So I no longer have to switch between surround modes and fiddle with this and that. EVERYTHING sounds night and day better to the way I had it before.

You can hear the absolute clarity of everything in the music, and with the EP800 crossed over at 40Hz I was able to turn it up more to match the outputs of the LFRs. I actually can feel the kicks in the bass without it becoming boomy or overbearing. I had my kids come down and give them a listen and they were amazed as well. Their two main comments were that for the first time they actually felt the energy of the music, and also they were amazed that only the mains were playing. They kept turning around looking at the surrounds and rears because the LFRs were imaging all over the room.

I was very disappointed to have to leave for work on the road this morning. I'm really looking forward to being able to spend a lot more time with this setup. Axiom has really knocked it out of the park with these speakers.

LFR1100 Actives,QS10HPx2,QS8x2,EP800,M3x4,M3x2 (Wood),M5HPx2 (Wood),AxiomAir,ADA1500-8,ADA1500-7