I'm turning into a real thorn in Axiom's side.

My right passive LFR developed buzz/static in one of the front mids a couple of days ago whenever content is played. It annoyed me enough that I decided to go ahead and switch them out for the Actives with the cosmetic damage, since they're simply sitting here unboxed while I wait for the replacements to arrive. I got them positioned and hooked up, double-checking the connections as I went. I always run Audyssey first, even though I turn it off afterward, simply to set distances. Going through the setup, the EP800 made zero thumps. Having no output happened another time recently, and I ended up turning it off for a while, then turning it back on, and it worked again. My new ADA1500s and DSP are stacked on either side of the front EP800, so when I was starting to reach behind the EP800, I set one hand on the ADA1500's case to steady myself, and there was a very loud zap. Oh, no. After turning the sub back on, the setup was able to send thumps this time, but looking at the results, it gave the fronts a crossover of 200 Hz. I manually set it down to 40 and put on some music. Going around each speaker, I discovered the woofers on the front right speaker weren't doing anything, and neither were any of the drivers on the rear. After testing the different amp channels on different driver sets, it seems those three amp channels are in fact dead. Ouch.

I've already emailed Axiom, so we'll see what they say. In the meantime, I'm going to have some lopsided sound. I've switched to my older ADA1500 to power the right speaker, so I at least have the whole front of the speaker working.

I'm looking forward to when my whole system is at 100% again.