Originally Posted by CV
Debbie and Andrew are amazing, and I'm being taken care of. It will be a little while before the new Actives are made, but the process is underway.

They made them faster than expected, and they arrived faster than expected after being shipped. They showed up today. The right one seems pristine, but the box for the left one came with the straps off, and there was, in fact, cosmetic damage on the front of the speaker this time. So I've left the original left speaker in the chain, since that one's damage (also entirely cosmetic) is on the rear of the speaker. The original right speaker had a midwoofer with performance-affecting damage (pained noise that wouldn't stop), so I was running that without the rear mids hooked up. Slighty lopsidedness to the sound, but I wanted to get the passives boxed up for return.

So now I finally get to hear them in their full glory. I'm listening to Mon Laferte's live album right now, and I'm very happy with the live sound. I don't own a ton of studio albums that I would consider audiophile showcases, but I'm more generally happy with live material being fed through my system. Still, I'll have to revisit a lot of my favorites just to see if I can notice new details.