I get a kick out of folks who say "What an asshole you are. That is just your opinion and you present it as fact."

Of course it's just my opinion. And it's as factual as my ears, brain, $70 SPL meter and $35 multi-meter will allow. Sometimes I can even corroborate what I hear and feel with what others hear and feel.

I make these qualifications all the time but some folks read what they want to and make interpretations that suit their perceptual biases. I'm not opposed to that but I will push back because I too am trying to understand better and discourse helps with understanding.

As for pointing out other people's faults, I can't let people believe their old Axioms are like the new Axioms. It was "feel good" comments on these boards like "They're the same but just more bass" that kept me from moving to v4 all those years. It was only when Craig was able to describe the differences that I jumped into v4.

Also note who I choose to make those comments to. There is a gentleman on here who purchased old M60s. It's his first dive into real speakers. I never discouraged him. He's a newbie. There is no way I could have ever known how good v4 is, and how good actives are, without wading through all that other crap.

BTW, there is always the "ignore" option on these boards. If you don't like what I have to say, I will not be offended.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated