I have an abox A1 max Android box hooked up to a pioneer vsx-lx101 receiver via a hdmi cable and I'm not able to get any surround sound from it. The receiver is hooked up to the tv via a hdmi cable as well. I have a different android box hooked up to a different receiver in my house in the same manner and it works just fine.

On the remote there is a "status" button, when I have a movie playing if I push it, a box comes up on the tv saying:

"input:hdmi 3
Pcm
2.0 ch 48khz
Output:dts neo:6 cinema
5.1 channel"

I have a movie on kodi right now and when I goto the audio settings it says:

"audio stream english-aac stereo - 2 channels default, forced".

If I watch a movie on Amazon prime, it's still only 2 channels.

In the audio settings for the android box there are only 3 options.

The first is "dolby sounds" and in there the options are off, line and rf. The default was line and I tryed rf as well but there was no difference.

The second is "digital sounds" and in there the options are pcm, spdif raw and hdmi raw. The default setting was pcm but I've tried all three and again there was no difference.

The third option is "dts drcscale" *and in there are options from 0-100% in 10% increments. The default is 0 but I haven't tried changing to any other percentage

The android box is the only device I have hooked up to the receiver. I was initially thinking that the android box was the problem but just now I connected my phone via Bluetooth to the receiver and did a dts 5.1 surround sound test on YouTube and got some peculiar results.

When it did the test tones, the fronts and center worked properly but when it came to the rears, the sounds still came out of the front speakers and my subs did not turn on at all.

In the second part of the test it checks to see if the speakers are in phase and while it did that i had some sounds coming from my rear speakers. I don't know what to make of that???

When I do the test tones from my receiver, all of the speakers do what they are supposed to.

I'm inclined to think this is something to do with my receiver now.

I just did a firmware update on the receiver but it didn't make a difference.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do to try to get this working properly?