Originally Posted by 2x6spds
Let's do them one at a time. And, BTW, I do believe in what I've said.

Ok 2x, lets debate the mandate on Covid first: We'll explore each of your points. May have to do it several posts mainly because of time.
Anyway here's what I think your points are:

1) I'd like to see a warp speed program for therapeutics, a serious look at Ivermectin and Hydroxychloroquine.
2) I don't think the vaccine, mask and social distancing mandates are mandates. They are dictates.
3) Effectiveness of masks and social distancing and why should they be enforced.
4) the CDC and NHI have lost credibility but have gained enormous power ... It is totalitarian. Comply or else.
4a) fakes like Fauci & Collins
5) "freedom" of choice and weighing social cost.

The rest of that post seems to be on other topics:
Burn the witch.
I'm sure your pointing your finger at someone but I'm just not sure who ... if it's the Fauci, CDC and NHI then it will be covered in #4. If it's something like those damn democrats well that's an interesting topic in itself.

Careful my friends. Things are changing fundamentally and not for the better.
I agree with this but probably not in the way you were intending. I believe that we may lose our democracy. Mainly because the GOP has been hijacked/influenced by people who value personal short term gains (money/power) over the long term health of our country. It's very scary.

No dictates! Individual liberty. Freedom.
Think this is your overall point: Small government with Individual liberty ("freedom" to do as you wish) over Big government dictating stuff. If that's the case it might be interesting to explore why and how we got here ...

and let's not forget:
BRAVO CANADIAN TRUCKERS!
Love to see free people stand up for freedom!
which at first glance seems to be arguing that the liberties of one group should be allowed to step on the liberties of an other group
But having only cursory knowledge on this one means I'd need to look into it further to have a reasonable discussion.

Last edited by rrlev; 02/07/22 10:04 PM.