Okay, I'm also wiring up my room for the surrounds and I have a couple of questions to what I've read as being recommended.

I know that the Qs8's are supposed to be VERY forgiving but there seems to be some discrepancies on the recommendations.

In reply to:

from one to six feet higher than seated listeners' ears, and slightly forward or rearwards of the listening area if you wish.

As Ajax post shows' Alan's write up suggests placing the surrounds 1->6 feet above listening level yet the QSS stands (designed specifically for the QS surround speakers) are only 36" high which would put the QS8's at about exactly listening level.

1) In actual practise has anyone found much improvement in placing the QS8's higher than listening level?

Alan also says you can place them "slightly forward or rearwards of the listening area IF you wish".

2) Does this mean placing them either forward or rearward is mostly optional and doesn't yeild any improvement? Has anyone found any improvement themselves by moving them forward or rearward?

I know I'm kind of asking "picky" questions BUT I would like to wire up my room for the QS8's this weekend so that I'll be ready to Plug & Play the QS8's when they get here.

The easiest placement for me is about ear level and maybe an inch or two behind the listening postion. So what do ya'll think can I go ahead as planned and wire up or should I really wait to experiment....?

Thanks, Jag