Thanks, Tom, Ajax, Kcarlile. And Tom you're not useless but very helpful! All of you!

Ooops I guess I'll need to be filling a few holes in my walls...

The room is about 11' feet wide and 18' long. I'll be sitting about 3' from the back wall.

I could place them a bit higher which seems to be what you're all saying. I just thought having them inline would give a bit better directional sound and given the multiple drivers the ambient sound wouldn't be a problem.

If I place them where I planned now they would be close to < 3' from the back corner. This is why I have them planned to be inline with the listening position because I thought I read a few feet from the back wall/corner is best .

How close to the back wall can I get?

Unfortunately, I have a door on one side of the room and a fireplace on the otherside such that if I want the QS8'S a similar distance from either the front or back wall I only have a few inches in which I can move them laterallly. I should beable to play with the vertical position more, but I'll likely have the faceplate ( which covers the opening in the wall for the wires) showing and not behind the speaker as planned.

Thanks all, Jag