Donald -

First of all, I can't believe you didn't get flamed harder about using the term "occupiers". Iraq is a functioning, independent, self-governed country. The interim government has FULL power to request that we leave. They have their own constitution (thanks Craig for the link).

That word seems to pop up a lot lately and it's discouraging. It seems like people forget that we do not invade countries like Germany did with intent on controlling or occupying. The blood of our soldiers paints the soil of other nations so that they can be free. Then, when we are done, we pack up our things, clean our wounds, and head home. Perhaps someone should go remind those ingrate Frogs of how many of our guys died so that they could eat their croissants and look down their nose at the Americans.

As far as the War For Oil argument, I really would like to have someone present a cogent argument in support of this position. It just doesn't make sense. We're not getting squat out of this. It's costing us a ton of money and I don't see free Iraqi oil pumping in here. If you want to slap an alternative theory onto why Bush took on this war, take a look at this article. Someone sent that to me one day. I'm not sure that I am fully on board with Buchanan on this, but it's a heck of a lot more plausible than the War For Oil position.

As far as term limits go, we should be looking at term limits for our Senators and Representatives instead of concerning ourselves with the president. The floors of Congress are where the real corruption lies. It's there that you have career politicians prostituting the country for their own gain. They serve their primary goal at all times.....to maintain their own power and position. Whatever good intentions they had going in fall by the wayside when they get a whiff of that corrupting scent of special interest.