Hi all,
I am upgrading to a all new 5.1 HTS after 15 years of living with a decent sony all-in-one stereo system. The power and processing for this system will come from a Harmon Kardon Citation 16 amp and a Denon 3805 AVR. The 16 will relieve the 3805 of its duties of powering the mains freeing it up to handle processing and powering just the surrounds and possible 2nd Zone. I have a large room (24'x24') with high vaulted ceilings, windows and openings into other rooms. I have narrowed my speaker search down to a short list: Paradigm Monitor series (Monitor 11 mains, CC370 center and ADP370 surrounds, Monitor Audio Silver series (S10 mains, SLCR center and Sfx surrounds)or possible the Axiom Epic 80 system. These would all be paired with a Sunfire sub. Outside of discussing Axiom for just a second, does anyone have any input/experiences to share one the system I'm proposing?

Now back to Axiom. Please, I have read all the reviews and the wonderful owner testimonials and do not need to be convinced that these are good speakers - I need to know the more important question of will they be right for me in my configuration/room? This is such a subjective question that makes it impossible for anyone else to answer - hence my dilema: I can and will demo both of the other brands in my house at NO cost - I have listened to them (and many others in narrowing down my search) and like their sound with the Denon - but that was in the stores setting. Now I want to audition them in my home - the store that is selling me the Denon has agree to do so (and help with the set-up) without charge. I cannot even do an in-store listening of the Axioms! I know about the free shipping and 30 day trial, but what all the reviews gloss over about that point is that it is free only in one direction! I would have to pay over $100 to send them back if they weren't the best fit of the 3 systems I'm considering! I also understand that Axiom's business model would save me money over the other manufacturers, but that would only be IF I liked them better and kept them! I am not a gambling sort and I like to spend a little more up front and keep things a long time (as evidenced by my last system). I tried to find someone in the local area (los Angeles) who might have the Epic 80 system for me to listen to - per Brent's (at Axiom) advice in this user forum, but saw only about 10 users listed in all of California - and none of thim had the Epic 80 system. This doesn't help and in fact causes some uneasiness considering this state has a population and buying power larger than most countries. Does anyone know of anyone in the LA area with such a system? Any other suggestions to help me decide????
Thanks,
paul