well, besides the whole "my car bounces because the 40 subwoofers in it actually wheigh more than the car itself" reasoning behind car audio I was wondering why these two areas seem to be so different. I used to be a large car audio junkie -- untill all my equipment was stolen. The main difference I've seen is that A) most car audio people do not seem to know what they are talking about, and B) everyone was worried about what size/type of box to use for their subwoofers. Everyone thought that the box had more to do with the sound that the speaker itself -- sealed boxes give you more accurated and punchy bass, ported boxes give more bass... you could end up spending more money on a box than you did on the woofer... now in home audio I've never really seen this debate. In fact, I think I've even seen people say that the box doesn't really matter and that bigger is better -- I saw one gentleman who used his attic as a box for his 15" woofer and several people, including the boards "resident expert" said that this setup sounded better than the setup that they have spent years perfecting. Any comments?

---|---|-O <- My Kitten (Grey and White) Also, accepting donations for the MX-700