It just goes to show that new is not always the best. I did some side by side tests today using my brother-in-laws Sony DVSP 7000 against both my Denon 2800MKII and my Denon 2815. Both the Denons are progressive scan etc. The Sony on the other hand is 4 years old, no progressive and of course for the most part, old technology.

Anyway, the point is, the Sony displayed a picture that rivalled my 2800MKII and the 2815. I'm still in shock to say the least. What a great example of why upgrading doesn't always pay off. I went from a 7000 to the 7700 then to the 9000ES (Which I still think is one of the most over-rated players out there!) years ago and a ton of players since then and I'm sitting here wondering why? lol

My brother-in-law's usual player for DVD is the Yamaha CX-1 and he now uses the 7000 mostly for CD's. I'm having trouble with this part but here goes.......... The CX-1 had both my Denons for lunch hands down when it came to video. I kid you not. Way better picture...........and I mean way better. If anyone is looking for a nice multi disc player, give this Yamaha a long look. Very nice to say the least. The Sony held up fine also but the gap did get a little bigger between the older Sony and the Yamaha but DAM! that old Sony sure puts out a nice picture.