So I’ve been reading the forum for a while and planning a speaker upgrade. At first I was just going to drop a few hundred and get the Micra 6 from Athena. After the upgrade bug got started I began reading forums and reviews and decided I just wanted more bass. After many positive mentions here I am going to get an SVS sub. That leaves the other speakers, the axioms really intrigued me. Yesterday I went to local store to listen to B&W’s, I didn’t think they were so amazing that I had to have them but the store did have some clearance floor sample Monitor Reference Gold series that were FANTASTIC. When I listened to those speakers, they gave me chills like nothing else has.

Well, they have a center channel that’s $488. The mains (gold reference 20’s) are $1776. Pretty close to half of MSRP. I could afford the center but the mains seem like probably more than I can spend. Any thoughts on pairing that spectacular center with some Axiom m60’s and surrounds? I’ve heard that Axioms have highly detailed sound and that was one of the things I really like about the monitors. I’m hoping it might be a good pairing.

I talked to the nice folks at Axiom and they suggested I try listening to setup in my home. They did voice a concern that the speakers might not match exactly and this would be bad when things like dialog shifted from right main to center to left main.

Well I’ve done a lot of research and would really like to ask all the great and very knowledgeable people here what your thoughts are. The system will be powered by a Denon 3300 and used primarily for Home Theater. The system will go into a dedicated home theater room that’s carpeted, about 12 X 17 with vaulted ceilings.

Thanks in advance to all the people who will hopefully give me the same great advice I’ve seen given to others.

Lloyd