This may not be of any great value to you, but I have heard the Monitor Audio Silver 3s and the 5s as well as the Axiom Audio M40s, which I now own. I haven't heard the Monitor Audio Silver 4s, but I have an impression of the sound that these make in comparison with the Axiom.

Overall, I think the Monitors are good speakers, and I was about to buy the 5s but really wanted to find something cheaper with equivalent sound. I thought the Monitors were better than equivalent B&Ws. But I thought their sound was a touch too polite and reserved compared to some Paradigms I auditioned at the same time. Also, the image of the 5s was very low -- you needed to get to the speaker's relatively low height to fully appreciate the sound.

I would characterize the Axioms as having the more "robust" sound that the Paradigms have, but somewhat more detailed and less colored than the Paradigms. They seem to handle a wide range of material better than the Monitor Audios, which I think are best suited to acoustic instruments and not well suited at all to rock.

I haven't heard the Totems.

The equipment was all reviewed through fairly inexpensive electronics, and I cannot predict how they would work with your setup or room, of course. I would ask Ian about placement regarding the M3s to see if boominess is an issue.