I have a strange question that I have been wondering. I just got my epic 60 system setup and everything is going great. I currently do not have a modern TV in the listening area that has component or higher connections. In fact the best the TV has is S-Video. I am going to replace this tv in a few months with something new. I am trying to enable Dolby digital on my xbox with the new system. To do this you need to hook the xbox up through a special cable that only has an optical and component ends. I am running the new Yamaha RX-V1500 for an Amp. I know that this amp supports upconverting. My question is since I do not have component video on my TV and the xbox basically would require this if I wanted the dolby digital due to the cable would it work to hook the xbox up to the Amp through the component and go from the amp to TV via S-video, basically downconvert? Is it possible to downconvert with these Amps? I have not seen much about this with any of the amps, just up converting. Thanks