I wanted to update you all to my new plasma.

To start, I was looking for a plasma for about 1.5 years now but almost threw up every time I looked at the price tags. After doing a lot of research I found that everyone touted the Pannys for their "true blacks". After going to a few stores in the area I could tell that the Pannys were very nice but that the LG models also had some great quality.

So, I went to AVS forum to see what people had to say about the LG's vs the Pannys. To my surprise there were quite a few positive comments about the LG's, comparing them directly to the Pannys. I was surprised because you do not hear a lot about LG. Also, to my surprise I noticed one person that had purchased an industrial model, the LG Electronics MU42PM12X 42" HDTV. Words like "stunning", and "Wow" were used a lot along with a price tag of $2250. Now that was a cost I could live with. I did my homework and found an online dealer that would sell me the unit for $2250 and with the stand it would be $2450 and that cost was a shipped cost because if shipped to a company the freight is free.

I have had the set now for 4 days and I have to copy the words that I read at avs forum.....WOW! Looking at these sets in a store is one thing. When you get it home, set it up, sit back with a beer, it is a whole other experience. Even my 2 yr old seems amazed.

The set is wall mounted about 12-14 feet from my bed. The only differences between this unit and the commercial units are no built in speakers (who cares, that's what Axiom is for) and the face is black instead of silver (again, who cares). All in all I am extremely happy. If you are looking for a great quality picture that will not set you back half a years rent then the LG unit is the way to go.