Well, I guess it's time to give my final conclusions; abeit they are not scientific etc. Some of you might recall the post where I discussed returning the Axioms after an AB comparison between the Aximo M60 and the Wharfedale Evo-30.

I have had the Evo system in my home for a few weeks now and I believe I have finalized my impressions. I will summarize below:

Mains:
I think they are similarly good. I still think the Evo's have better attack and better dispersion (they are less localized)than the M60's. The Evo's seem to be slightly rolled off on the top end compared to the M60's. Is that a good thing? I guess it depends upon preference. To me, I seem to prefer the slightly rolled off highs when it comes to music. However, I prefer the M60's when it comes to HT.

Center:
I experienced some difficulty with the VP150 regarding dialogue. Sound effects were great, but at times I had to strain to hear dialogue. I had to boost the center channel in the receiver setup to +2 and still at times it was difficult to hear dialogue. Using the same source material, I don't have this problem with the Evo center. The Evo center gets the nod.

Surrounds:
I prefer the QS8's and miss having them in my home. My friend who has also heard both systems in my home used the phrase "the Axiom surrounds seem more emphasized...louder..more pronounced". I agree. I am not sure what accounts for this...it's almost as if the QS8's were boosted in the receiver setup. That is the best way I can explain what I hear. Perhaps Evo surrounds also roll off sooner on the highs compared to the Axiom surrounds? Whatever the reason, I give a significant edge to the QS8's. To be honest, I would like to have a pair again when I can afford it. The QS8's are Axiom's 'darling'...no question about it.

Sidenotes:
The speakers definately have different placement characteristics. The Evo's are front ported and placing them closer to the wall (8") yields optimal bass results. Optimal results on the M60's were at 16" from the wall.