I want beautiful music everywhere in my new house, but will settle for the family room for now. The family room (21ft by 18 ft) is open to the kitchen and dining room which is open to other rooms-about 1200 sq feet. I like the idea of the axiom M3's. I have one wall where I could mount the speakers. There is a large cut out for a home theater on this wall but it would be toward the corner. I could mount the speakers on the wall above the fireplace because it is more in the center of the wall. The speakers would point toward the open kitchen and not toward the dining room. The main listening area would be the couches which are in front of the fireplace, but would enjoy the sound wafting in to the other rooms. The amp would be in the hall closet which backs up to the speaker wall. 10 foot ceilings and lots of windows give the room a real live sound. Would this work? Any suggestions re: amplifier or cd player for this set-up. I read that Nad, Rotel, and Jolita are good values in amps. I like classical music. I have small children. How much better would the axiom speakers be to more expensive built in speakers? How many inches away from the wall should the M3's be mounted? Thanks for your help!