In an earlier thread there seemed to be some interest in my HT progress, so since I finally got around to taking some new pictures I thought I'd start a thread for anyone interested.

Soffits are done with the exception of the lip for the light tray. I'm leaving this off for now as I'm going to paint the ceiling and the face of the soffits the same color and it will be much easier without the lip in place.

Started furring out the walls for the acoustical treatments and fabric this weekend and got a pretty good chunk complete.

Once the furring is complete I'll build the columns and paint the ceiling, then I think I'll be ready for carpet, which I haven't even picked out yet! Can you believe I'm this far along and haven't finalized the carpet or fabric yet? Picking a color scheme is turning out to be the toughest part of the whole build. At least I know the ceiling, screenwall and proscenium walls will be black so I can get started with that while I debate the rest.

As always follow the link in my sig below for pics.

**One other thing. I had built a temporary 110" diagonal 1.78 BOC screen during construction to help with the layout. Now that the screenwall is done I decided to put it back up to get an idea how it would look. I also recently took delivery of my projector (AE700) so I threw up a quick image (using my 4-yr-old laptop as the source through VGA...no tweaks) to get the whole picture. (pun intended ) Anyway, from my first-row seating position (13') 110" just didn't seem large enough, and now I'm more certain than ever that I'll be going with 120". There's a picture of the mounted screen in the "Proscenium" album on my site.

Chip Slattery Fox Path Theater