In reply to:

Now I'm sure it's different in Texas

yes and no.. let me elaborate.

first off, you can walk into any country bar around here, and no one is really gonna care what you are wearing. and, contrary to popular belief, you wont find any horses tied up in the front or any out-houses in the back. a pick-up is the prefered mode of transportation around here. and while you may see a few "10 gallon hats", they are not the norm. and the guys you do see with them on, are probably real farmers, or ranchers, or cowboys, and a large brimmed hat serves a functional purpose for them in their daily activities. and no one would assume you were gonna steal their wallet. i know it sounds cliche, but most of us are very trusting people, and will receive strangers with open arms. plus, we have the assurance of knowing if you did try and steal our stuff, that there is 15 of my good friends sitting around me that will stop you. the rhinestone cowboys are a dying/dead breed out here. the real ones know who they are, and the fake ones know who they are, so they all just quit acting like something they aint. you get the occasional frat-boy who tries to fake it, but we still buy him a beer just for giving us a good laugh.

and here in texas, you wont hear toby keith or faith hill. we have our own music called 'Texas Country'. you are more likely to hear singers like pat green, robert earl keen, jack ingram, kelly willis, cory morrow, bleu edmundson, and phil pritchett. and bands like cross canadian ragweed, jason boland and the stragglers, west 84, reckless kelly, and cooder graw. most bars dont play that nashville crap, and we dont miss it.

and the "young women".. i have been ALL over, and there are more beautiful women in Texas than anywhere else i have ever been. you liable to end up with whiplash you hang out in a bar too long around here. and not only good-lookin, but they are fun. most are happier going swimming at the lake, then going to the mall. they would rather go varmint hunting, than sit at home and watch a rerun of friends on the TV. and they dont mind driving you home drunk from the bar on friday, as long as you do the same for them on saturday. its just a different type of woman, but you would have to make it down here to see what i mean.

now, i am telling you what its like in rural texas.. i am sure in dallas or houston, its totally different. but, we have a different pace out here than in the city. i wouldnt want it any other way.

bigjohn

EXCUSE ME, ARE YOU THE SINGING BUSH??