Disc golf does sound like a lot of fun John, one thing i can be sure of is you won't get nearly as much exercise playing frisbeer.

I did a quick search for frisbeer on the internet and it seems that everyone plays it a little differently. So i will give you a quick and dirty on how my friends and i normally play it.

Start by putting two stakes in the ground, about 1-1.5" in diameter around 25 or 30 feet apart (hockey sticks work pretty well for this - and come in handy if you need to crosscheck someone during the game). They should be about low-chest, high stomach height. Then place an empty beer bottle on the top of the stake, right side up. The object is to knock the other teams bottle off the stake with the frisbee. If the bottle is knocked off, the defending team has to try and catch both the bottle and the frisbee before they hit the ground. Two players on each team, and you have to keep a beer in your hand at all time (so each player has only one available hand). Players have to stay behind the line - so no goaltending your own post.

Point scoring is where things really get weird. We usually play:
Offence
2 points for hitting bottle and knocking it off
1 point for hitting stake and knocking bottle off
Defense
1 point for catching both the bottle & frisbee before they hit the ground - and other team gets 0 points.

Game usually go to 15 or 20 points (sometimes less if we're really loaded as the aim tends to suffer).

Drinking rules are pretty open to interpretation, we usually make someone drink a "fair" amount when they get scored on.

Wow, that wasn't really quick at all....didn't realize there were that many rules to Frisbeer. Great alternative to just sitting around in lawn chairs drinking beer. The only warning i would make is be careful where you set the game up - if you are playing for a while, the grass can get pretty chewed up behind the stakes.

"Chickens don't clap."