Oh yes Rick (BrotherBob) you guessed it well, below is copied from my recent posting at Club Rotel:

""""Finally, somebody decided to buy my RX-1052 receiver (for sure he will not be sorry, great all-in-one unit). Immediately I went to my dealer... Anyway to make a long story short I came home with a brand new RB-1070 and RC-1070 combo. I was able to negotiate it down to USD1094 (of course plus VA tax). I think it is a good price.

Now, I came home, hooked it up (already purchased a second SilverCats IC from Doug), and... oh my God!!! When is this ever gonna end?!! Awesome sound, great dynamics, music had like "a big punch", and especially the bass was so much improved. Highs were more pronounced and crisp as well. Honestly, I did not think I will hear a bid difference from my rx-1052 receiver. Anyway... I am happy now.

Unfortunately, my dealer had to special order RB-1080 so I bought RB-1070, also because he gave a 30 day upgrade note on this one, I can swap it for the 1080 and they can special order it if I decide so. Until they get it, I can keep my 1070 home. But, I don't know if this would be necessary. 1070 sounds great to me, and I cannot imagine if 1080 can sound any better. Guys, please help! Do I need to go for 1080?

I ran a mini - mono cable from rc-1070 out to RB-1070 in 12v trigger and works fine. How about my RCD-1072? there is only one 12v trigger out on RC-1070, or should I run it from 12v trigger Out on my RB-1070 to the CD player? You think this will work?? (putting all three on standby mode, while pressing power button on RC-1070 remote).

I would like to know what do you think guys about my setup!!"""""

To continue with you BrotheBob, I am more than happy. And yes it costed me much more money to go to separates, but it is worth it. Besides, I don't care to much for radio, thus I did not need a tuner. My RX-1052 is a great unit, and I knew it I could sell it quickly. In fact, I did not even post it at ebay at all.

Axiom M60s, QS4s, VP100 Onkyo TX-SR804 Oppo 970HD Rotel RB-1080/RCD-1072 REL Q150E sub, PS 3