"If DualDisc provides high resolution content...I like the format. However, if the DVD side is used to provide a few videos and interviews instead of high-rez mixes, I am not interested in it."

This is what dismayed me when I first saw the display of them in Tower. And I think your response is going to be pretty typical.
There is no consistency from one Dual Disc to another.
Some have video on the flip side, some have DD 5.1 versions of the album, and some have a combination of both.
I think this is just going to muddy the waters for the casual buyer, not knowing what they are really getting (unless of course they read the fine print, and we all know how many people bother to do that!)
and I also think it is going to steal sales from SACD and DVD-A, giving those two formats another hurdle to overcome.
And then you add in the issue that some here are having with the discs not playing properly, and I really worry that all of these problems will just bleed together in the minds of the average consumer, and spell doom for all of the new formats.

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900