By the Way...
The two Bill Evans' discs, Sunday at the Village Vanguard and Waltz for Debbie, are NOT multi-channel SACDs. They are simply 2 channel stereo SACDs. They both sound fantastic.
Not as big a difference from the Redbook CDs as the Miles is though.
(But, you can hear someone sitting in the rear left corner of the room who keeps hitting his glass with his ring, and I do not remember hearing that on the Redbook version. I just want to slap him!)
The In a Silent Way SACD is the same sort of revelation as the Kind of Blue SACD.
Mixed MUCH more aggressivly in the surrounds, but that would fit considering the material.
BUT!!!
Neither of the Miles discs are hybrid discs (as far as I can tell from reading the jackets.) They will NOT play in NON SACD players.

And I have to agree with Curtis on the DVD-A vs DD5.1 thing. It is a whole different animal, and does not stand side by side.
Sure, the IDEA is the same, but the excecution is completly different.
I do not know enough about the Science of DVD-A compared to DD5.1, but based on what I just listened to on my system, I do not know that DD5.1 is capable of achieving what I hear from DVD-A / SACD.
Maybe it is, and Sony just decided to settle for a lousy job with this release.
But I cannot imagine why they would choose to do so.
Especially with an album of this stature, and already widespread distribution.

Axioms; For when you've just Gotta have More Cowbell! 60s 150 350 8s 2is RX-V2500 DVD-C750 2900