Ok I'll be the first to admit I'm no audio expert but just received the Eagles in DTS and am thoroughly DISAPPOINTED! Maybe I'm doing something wrong but Hotel California sounds like total SHIITE! Once the intro is over all is I hear is that damn crappy bass guitar (or synthesizer or whatever the hell its called). Any way you cut it the song sounds like total crap and that damn noise overpowers everything including the backup guitars. Its like they got a $2 synth or a Sony my first bass guitar. All you pretty much hear is Don Henly and that damn bass... the other guitars are coming out of surrounds. WTF is up with putting those in surrounds?

Has anyone else noticed this or am I just crazy? I listened to in PCM Stereo and it sounds MUCH better but dammit I paid for a DTS concert disc and it flat out sucks! Again, I'm no expert and everything else in my collection rocks but this is simply unacceptable.

Tequila Sunrise and Heart of the Matter sound great but I pretty much purchased this for Hotel California. Am I crazy or does everyone else hear the same thing I am?

BTW, for the people that have this disc, the crap sound starts at 13:20 and doesn't let us as long as Don Henly is on vocals. I also tried adjusting my sub but that didn't help much (like I said, I'm no expert).

Can you guys help me out here? Have I been listening to Hotel Cali wrong and this overpowering bass guitar is how the song is supposed to sound?! The PCM track sounds fine but I want my DTS.

Any and all help would be appreciated

PS-I used the Denon mic to auto-calibrate all 5 speakers+sub and EVERYTHING else sounds great (movies and Metallica - Cunning Stunts <---keep chuckling Peter!)