Axiom M22s
#1061 01/21/02 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I spent Friday evening with a friend, Chicago's legendary recording engineer Mack McCortney. I’ve known him for many years. I invited him by to listen to my new Axiom M22s, powered by and Audio Electronic Supply SE-1. Mack brought several CDs he’s heard “too many times” according to him.

Cut to the chase… his jaw literally dropped when he heard the sound of the Axiom speakers. He described it as “the best I’ve ever heard these recordings… better than when I recorded and mixed them.” He praised the soundstaging, the high end, which was incredibly open, but never fatiguing. Also, impressive is the image size. Some first-thought mid-bass muddiness disappeared after the tubes had warmed up, acquitting the speakers.

“These are keepers!” were his final words.

Honestly, I can’t say enough good things about these speakers. I was pleased to have my own opinions verified by a professional, but, as I am a professional coffee critic, I always tell people “it’s how it tastes to you that’s most important”.

Axioms "taste" just fine.

Thanks for the great product, Ian.

Re: Axiom M22s
#1062 01/21/02 05:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
glad to hear you liked them, and your friend liked them.

I must say I have never heard of him though.....maybe a local legend?

#1063 01/21/02 06:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely. Chicago is a large city in Northern Illinois. John has the largest dedicated room. He specializes in Jazz and Classical chamber recordings. A number of them are available nationally, but fortunately for me, I rarely buy one as he brings me his mixdown when it's hot off the press. As I always have great coffee for review on hand, it's a good trade!

#1064 01/21/02 08:14 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Sounds like an excellent trade! Perhaps you can post some of the artists for the rest to search and enjoy?

You have stumbled on some of the benefits of industry friends. Many a time I have called a local buddy and asked him to drop of "Brand A CD player" for me to test. I have enjoyed being friends, and enemies with some of the designers, dealers, and reps in this industry. I have shared many a meal during audio shows with people who always provide a challenging and intelligent point of view. I can't say I have always agreed, but at least I can say it was educational!

Regards,

BBIBH

#1065 01/22/02 06:13 PM
M
M
Where's Illinois?

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16