Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Slumming & Fooling around on the side....
#107053 08/08/05 12:41 PM
shareholder in the making
OP Offline
shareholder in the making
OK, I'll admit it. I fooled around yesterday and I haven't gotten caught yet. No idea whatsoever that I was hanging with a petite little cutie last night.

I am, of course, talking about putting together another little audio setup.

Isn't it a blast to swap things around, especially when you're slumming, and see what you come up with?

I've been listening to XM frequently in my studio, just using an XM Roadie hooked up to a boombox. Yesterday, I took some old Design Acoustics Point Source bookshelves I've had lying around, as well as two passive Cambridge Soundworks subs, and hooked them up to my boombox. Not great sounding by any means, but not bad either.

Maybe best of all, the setup resides on a "rolling desktop" that I keep in the studio. The not-at-all-deep twin subs (OK, bass units) even fit on a back "shelf" of the unit, so the whole thing can be rolled around as one unit, needing only a power cord to the nearest outlet.

I have to admit, I'd like to replace the boombox with a little receiver or T-amp, add one of the CD players I have lying around, replace the little D/A speakers with some M3s, and the passive (bass units) with an EP350.

But, I have to admit, sometimes slumming is fun. I took some extra pieces that have been taking up space around here, got them together and have ended up with an "ok" little setup that I can roll around to wherever I'm working in the studio.

Best of all, my Axiom/Denon setup doesn't suspect a thing.

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::
Re: Slumming & Fooling around on the side....
#107054 08/08/05 01:22 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Yeah...gotta be carefull so my Axioms don't hear; but....my current dining room system uses inferior Brand "X" speakers, but at the moment NO sub,.....and dosen't sound all that bad either

New M3s will eventually sneak their way in there....one day soon.....I hope!!

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044