Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Garage Sale Axiom M60ti
#110355 09/09/05 09:30 PM
axiomite
OP Offline
axiomite
My wife, and some of her friends, are having a garbage, I mean garage, sale at our house. One of their husbands brought over some old audio gear, and he said that they worked, but asked my wife if I had any speakers laying around that he could hook up so that people knew that they worked. I wasn't home at the time, but I am sure glad that my wife asked me before dragging my M60's out so that they could be hooked up to the garage sale stereo stuff.

Can you image if I had them out there? Not only could they have been knocked over, kicked, or damaged in some way, but what if my wife wasn't running the money box and someone said to one of the other ladies, "I'll give you $15 for the pair of speakers."

YIKES!

Luckily, like I said, my wife asked me later last night, "Do you have any speakers that we could hook up do Jason's stereo so people know that his stuff works? What about the ones in the home theater?" I quickly steered her in the right direction and found some old (and I mean old) Panasonic speakers that I meant to get out for the garage sale anyway. They weren't mine, but the owner left them at my house 2 years ago and moved to Oregon, and it would cost more to ship them than they are worth.

Anyway, has anyone else almost lost their speakers for one reason or another by "accident"?

PS. My wife is usually more on the ball than to ask about using my nice Axioms, but she had been setting stuff up for days, and it was about 2AM this morning before she asked me, so in her defense, her brain was a little fried last night.

Farewell - June 4, 2020
Re: Garage Sale Axiom M60ti
#110356 09/09/05 11:25 PM
old hand
old hand
Thank goodness my wife is as possessive of our Axiom speakers as I am so at least I don’t have to worry about accidentally loosing them in a garage sale. I’d never imagined such a scenario. In fact, it's her name on the serial number plate for our custom finished speakers so they’re safe, for now.

#110357 09/10/05 12:27 AM
axiomite
axiomite
>>Anyway, has anyone else almost lost their speakers for one reason or another by "accident"?

No, but back when I was much younger my sister sold my first edition Silver Surfer (mint) for 2 cents. It was worth about $100 at the time and probably more now.

M60ti, VP180, QS8, M2ti, EP500, PC-Plus 20-39
M5HP, M40ti, Sierra-1
LFR1100 active, ADA1500-4 and -8
#110358 09/10/05 01:01 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Funny story Nick, I'm going garaging this weekend with my wife, can you imagine if by coincedence we happen to go down your street and I offered your wife like $100 each, that would be to funny.

I have a similar story, my folks generally have a garage sell every year in Ankeny, you know where that is . Anyway, my dad and I like to fish a lot, and he had set out a tray of some old, but very expensive lures, most of them for big Canadian fish. Anyway, he had two trays setup for people to pick from, one for $3 each, and the other where $5 bucks a piece. He also had a nice bait caster which was an antique for $20 and a pole $5 that where seperate and not togethor. Well, we took off to get some Kentucky Fried Chicken for lunch. When we got back, he was very pleased to see everything gone. He said, "Oh Boy, Honey I see you sold some of my fishing stuff?" She said "Yes Darrell, and handed him & $13.

He said, "Excuse me, but where is the rest of the money?" You can image the argument that continued, it was not pretty. Anyway, it turned out some guy walked up and said he would take both trays for $8 bucks for everything, not each lure. He also took the reel and attached it to the pole and bought it for $5, we found the $20 sticker crumpled up back on the floor of the garage.

My folks did not speak much for a few days, we just laugh about it now...

M80s VP180 4xM22ow 4xM3ic EP600 2xEP350
AnthemAVM60 Outlaw7700 EmoA500 Epson5040UB FluanceRT85

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,943
Posts442,465
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters
Ken.C 18,044
pmbuko 16,441
SirQuack 13,840
CV 12,077
MarkSJohnson 11,458
Who's Online Now
1 members (BBIBH), 580 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newsletter Signup