Re: M3ti vs. Paradigm Atom
#1185 03/10/02 05:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
to the poster that posted a direct comparison between the atom and m3ti.

Could it be that ur m3ti was a lemon? You state that they don't image very well and sounded boxy. All professional reviewers seem to say quite the opposite.

I was set on buying the m22ti, but after reading ur comparison I am somewhat discourage now because according to your observation those m3ti have trouble keeping up with sub 200 dollars speakers.

#1186 03/11/02 04:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I didn't mean to discourage you. The Axioms are VERY good loudspeakers for the price. The midrange on the 3ti and 22ti is hard to beat at any price level. In fact I would say they have the best midrange of ANY speaker I have heard under $500. But no speaker is perfect and the little Axioms can't do everything. If played loud they can sound strained compared to a few other very nice speakers. If you listen to a lot of loud rock you may wish to look into one of the Axiom floor standers and not a bookshelf speaker.
The little Paradigm Atom is a very unique speaker in that it can be played at VERY loud rock levels without breaking up. It will also image like a hologram. But like the Axioms it is not perfect. Its midrange is no where near as good as the Axioms. Its midrange is congested and dry. You will also need good tone controls with the Atoms because I guarantee you will need to turn the treble up. With the Axiom 3ti my tone controls stay at neutral and it sounds just right...no bass or treble is needed.
I would go ahead and get the Axioms first...that way if you don't like it you can send it back for a refund. I'm keeping my Axioms...there midrange is just to good to let go.

#1187 03/11/02 08:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just wanted to add a note about the M3ti and tone controls. I have owned very expensive high end speaker systems over the years and the M3ti is the ONLY speaker system I have heard that I don't feel the need to use tone controls. This speaker is better balanced than my $2,700 main speaker system. That fact alone makes this speaker a small miracle. Fantastic balance, 50hz bass, dead on perfect midrange and soaring highs...what else do you need? At this price there is no better bargain in audio.

#1188 03/18/02 09:10 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I would be curious to learn what your speakers are, and the electronics in the system?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters