Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: How important is symetrical placement of QS8's?
#122060 01/19/06 03:19 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
Is this your first child?

Re: How important is symetrical placement of QS8's
#122061 01/19/06 04:12 PM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Here's something I learned real quick. Fantasizing about tossing the kid out the window is OK and can be quite theraputic, as long as you don't actually do it.

#122062 01/19/06 04:56 PM
Spence Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
First child yes. Proudly adopted on the other side of the world (Siberia - see my avatar, taken upon our first meeting - it was love at first sight)!

I take the good with the bad (90% good). Unfortunately my wife caters to her, which only serves to "feed the beast".

Second night in a row that she's woken up at around 3:00 a.m. The funny thing (and I wish I'd have been awake enough to grab a camcorder) was that after she went back to sleep, she began to sing... LOUDLY! Of course she's only three and she was sleeping so I couldn't make out any words, but there was a definate melody hidden in her slumberous solo!

We are planning a return to the same region for a second child, with the hope to bring Lexi ("Alexandra" who's given ...now middle name is "Anastasia") along to see her homeland and meet her new brother or sister. We also hope to meet up with the lifelong friends who helped us while we were in country.

More info on our little adventure is on www.spencesplace.com (which sadly, was last updated from Moscow while on our way home in September of 2003).

Time to get back down to the basement! The drywall guy begins work tomorrow!

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds
#122063 01/19/06 05:15 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Oh BRAVO, Jeff. I LOVE her name. Alexandra Anastasia Spencer. Beautiful! I also like that you're using Lexi as a diminutive, rather than the gender confusing "Alex." Of course, at some point in her youth, she'll probably "hate" Lexi, and demand to be called Alexandra, but ya never know. Maybe not.

Kudos, as well, for wishing to keep her connected to her heritage. I have a friend/acquaintance who has a business in (not sure of the spelling) Khabarovsk, in Siberia, and travels there all the time. In fact, he's on his way there right now.

Jack

"People generally quarrel because they cannot argue." - G. K. Chesterton
#122064 01/19/06 05:40 PM
Spence Offline OP
buff
OP Offline
buff
Thanks Jack,

The downside to parenthood is that my wife and I only have the "illusion" of control over our home.

Thus stems my priority in finishing off the Serenity (home theater), so I will (at least for a time) be able to once again regain control of the remote (yes, Lexi knows how to start, stop and pause the DVD player as well as the DVR).

...at least until she starts having pajama parties. :\

"Someone tries to kill you - you kill 'em right back!" Capt. Mal Reynolds
#122065 01/19/06 07:52 PM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
As a DINK myself (Dual Income, No Kids) I'm probably not the best person to comment on this, but I've had girls in my life from the time I was 16... first a GF (my buddy's sister in law) with a baby daughter that I met the day she got out of the hospital after her birth, then a GF with an 8 month old daughter that we shared two years of our lives together, then when I met Lisa, her youngest sister was 2 (she's 12 now) and the two of us have always been tight.

Having young'uns around keeps you young. I'm not one with a lot of patience, so it's trying sometimes... "WHAT?!? No, you can't have a can of frosting for lunch... what are you thinki... no, no, it's cool... let's go make a sandwich instead"

Lisa's sister and I are so similar the family joke is that her mom must have sat on a toilet seat that I, er.. sullied.

Bren R.

p.s. - judging by sis' email list, there is one drawback to using Lexi as the familiar name... she WILL use Sexi Lexi as her screen name at some point in her life. Just like every Cindy calls herself Sin eventually.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,945
Posts442,473
Members15,617
Most Online2,082
Jan 22nd, 2020
Top Posters