Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Computer wireless music joy
#127270 02/18/06 01:51 AM
aficionado
aficionado
In reply to:

As I always do when I buy any hardware for my computer, first thing I did was go to the Lyra RCA site and downloaded all the latest software and installed it.

In reply to:

Ken
I did the same and the links led to a page where the only download was for the Remote. Any other links or searches led to musicmatch. Theyuy seem to be really pushing the musicmatch software. There seems to be nothing for just the Lyra Wireless itself. What am I missing? Is it a part of the remote sofware download? If you could provide a link or any more detailed info I would greatly appreciate it.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
#127271 02/18/06 02:06 AM
I
veteran
veteran
I
This is great! One question...All sound is coming through my stereo setup...If I want the computer sound only do i have to go back in and disable Lyra? or is there a by-pass? Thanks

#127272 02/18/06 08:08 AM
KC23 Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
In reply to:

My Lyra wireless was delivered yesterday. I set it up when I got home and put on Pandora and sure enough the music came on my main system in the living room. It was no longer coming out of the speakers in the computer room. I guess you can only choose one source, the sound card or the Lyra wireless. After awhile I wanted to switch back to the computer room set up. I got the music to be sent to those speakers by changing back to the sound card in control panel (WinXP). Now I want to change back to the main system and it will not change. I have not installed the remote control software because I think it would be useless for my intended use.
Since this is a usb unit can't we just switch back in forth in the windows control panel or do we have to use the musicmatch software?
Also, if anyone is using the musicmatch in Win XP are you finding it very slow? It seems to slow my computer down to a crawl.
I should also state that the music in the musicmatch library plays out fine to the main system but the streaming internet plays through the computer speakers.
Any help would be appreciated
oz

Wow, did I have a brain fart. That's what I get for trying to answer a post after several 12hr night shifts in a row. In my pea brain I was thinking of all the software upgrades I needed to do for my MP3 player NOT my Lyra RCA Wireless.

Answers to your questions:
You should be able to switch back and forth from your Main Axiom speaker system and your computer speakers by simply using the "Control Panel"/"Sounds and Audio Devices"/"Audio"/"Sound Playback Audio device" then pick what ever drives your computer speakers.

Yes, you can only use your computer speakers or your Axiom system not both at the same time.

Not familiar with musicmatch because I use Raphsody. One thing I know I have to do when I switch from Main to computer is reload raphsody. So if you are changing back and forth you might try closing musicmatch and then changing axioms/computer speakers and reload musicmatch.

As far the musicmatch being slow, not sure. When playing with my mp3 player and musicmatch I found that the auto sync settings were slowing down things because it would check if everything on my computer was also on my mp3 player.

I don't use musicmatch for my mp3 player anymore I use windows media player which seems to run a lot smoother.

Hope some of this is helpful.

#127273 02/18/06 08:10 AM
KC23 Offline OP
local
OP Offline
local
In reply to:

This is great! One question...All sound is coming through my stereo setup...If I want the computer sound only do i have to go back in and disable Lyra? or is there a by-pass? Thanks

You go back into the control planel/Sounds and Audio Devices/Audio to change back and forth from your computer to your axioms.

#127274 02/18/06 08:15 AM
frequent flier
frequent flier
KC, I too have Rhapsody and have used it for the past 2 or 3 years and love it. I then bought my axioms (22's and 350 for Living room and M3's for another room about 2 months ago. Rhapsody became unbearable to listen too through my laptop. I tried the computer soundcard, a creative soundcard and almost gave up and I was severely missing my rhapsody. Anyway, I came across this xitel product. It's not wireless, but it too is a USB device, plug and play, no cd to install. 2 seconds to install and it causes the stream to bypass the soundcarad and it decods the signal before sending it to the receiver. 50 bucks. It comes w/ a 30 foot cable. Not completely ideal, but I usually just park my laptop next to my receiver anyway when i'm listening. If I need to, I can at least run the line into the next room if needed.

Anyway, I've been listening to Rhpsody non-stop and I am STOKED. They have a higher end version with digital cable options, but for my situation, I have to use analog for my zone 2 (primary music listenting area) so I could go withthe lesser model.

Anyway, that's another option if you want to use cables and end up bypassing you're computers soundcard for enhanced streaming music experience.

#127275 02/18/06 09:01 AM
shareholder in the making
shareholder in the making
Rick, I don't have a problem with using a cable from my computer to a receiver, so I've also used the Xitel Hi-Fi Link(paid about $40)for about three years. When I'm at the computer I'm commonly using this excellent site to enjoy streaming music from all over the world.

-----------------------------------

Enjoy the music, not the equipment.

#127276 02/18/06 12:53 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Ken
Thanks for your reply. The key was in shutting down whatever streaming music I'm listening to and then re launching it. I was going batty trying to figure this out. Now at least I don't have to use that dreaded music match. Unfortunately, I didn't know before upgrading MM to the latest edition. Anyway it's good to have the latest MM because my daughter needs to use it for her ghetto pod.
Everthing is working very nicely now. I think I'll have to check out this Rhapsody that you and others have mentioned.
oz

"Life is what happens while your busy making other plans" John Lennon
#127277 02/18/06 06:26 PM
frequent flier
frequent flier
Be forewarned:

Rhapsody = CRACK

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic