Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13
Re: Why do we live here?
#128863 02/18/06 10:35 PM
aficionado
aficionado
Yeah, it was 63F in Richmond yesterday...today its snowing!! WTF?!?!? It's like the Weather Wizard has somehow made it out the Flash books.

sorry, that was a little too comic book-geeky even for me!

Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?
#128864 02/18/06 10:46 PM
R
connoisseur
connoisseur
R
Actually, if you get the right gear and dress for the weather, it's not bad. I bought a pair of winter golf gloves and dress in three layers (t-shirt, tutleneck and God's greatest invention - gortex).

Under the pants, some silk long underwear. Double advantage there with keeping your legs warm and the bonus of the silk making you feel pretty!

A nice hat to pull over your ears and it's off the first tee.

Surprising how well an 80 compression (MC Lady) ball will carry when it's cold out.

#128865 02/18/06 10:54 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I'm suprised you can make a full swing with that much clothing on.

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
#128866 02/18/06 11:03 PM
connoisseur
connoisseur
I used to play Redhawk out there 10 years ago when there were more golf courses than houses.

#128867 02/19/06 02:20 AM
B
connoisseur
connoisseur
B
In reply to:

Eventually we just punched more wires through the wall and now can plug 3 cars in simultaneously.

Oh, that's not a problem... there's a dedicated 15amp circuit for each car... well, I share mine with the 500W security light... I just didn't like the idea of the goalie bag being outside (even with a car alarm).

Bren R.

#128868 02/19/06 04:04 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
In reply to:

I'm suprised you can make a full swing with that much clothing on.

I think Ray is confusing golf with his weekly game of strip poker...

*Michael*
AV123 Refugee - X-LS Encore, X-Voce, X-Omnis, Elt-Dpa's
Denon AVR-591
Magnavox NB500MGX BDP

#128869 02/19/06 05:48 AM
aficionado
aficionado
How'd you like Redhawk? That one is on my email discount list thing, but I haven't played it yet.

#128870 02/19/06 07:24 AM
connoisseur
connoisseur
Great course, one of the best courses I have played in So. Calif., if you get the chance I would definitely recommend it, I know you have alot of good courses out that way, but Redhawk was one of the first premier courses out there before the boom.

#128871 02/19/06 09:37 AM
local
local
Leaving your hockey equipment in the vehicle overnight when it's -20 or 25C and your were concerned about it gettin stolen? I'd be at least as concerned about putting those blocks of ice on against your body the next morning. Especially the jock and skates.

I always bring my hockey bag in during the winter just to warm up and dry out the contents. One thing I do like about the cold weather we've finally been getting in Alberta is after my 07:00 games, the sweaty equipment that sits in the truck the rest of the day while I'm at work now freezes and doesn't fester like when it is warm out.

Gotta look on the bright side during such weather.

#128872 02/19/06 01:30 PM
axiomite
axiomite
Here's what you northern folks need...

Article from www.gizmag.com:

'For the man with everything - the V8 snowblower'

'December 2, 2005. If you’re tired of anaemic, one-lung snowblowers with their slipping drive belts, you might consider Kai Grundt’s V8 snow blower which raises the bar on the traditional snow blower in every respect. With electric start, electric block heater, antifreeze heater and eight cylinders, it has no drive belts to freeze up and you’ll never get bored with the job as the 454 cubic inch big block Chevrolet V8 produces 412 horsepower, 430 foot pounds of torque and can throw snow 50 feet at just 3500 rpm. Nor will you get cold as the machine has been ingeniously designed to route the engine coolant through the handle bars, with the rear mounted, enclosed radiator keeping the operator nice and cosy.

The first point to make is that this is not a V8 grafted on a traditional snow blower carriage but a purpose-built unit crafted around a motor of this magnitude. It functions very much like a traditional blower by way of operator input and feedback and offers effortless safe operation.

Manouevering the massive beastie (it has a total wet weight of 912lbs) is a snack thanks to the hydraulic-drive 4WD skid steer on independent walking beams which offers a zero turning radius. It’s also as fast as you like, with an infinitely adjustable speed range on the drive wheels via dash mounted flow control. At the opposite end of the scale, it has more than enough torque to pull your car out of the ditch before the hydraulic motors stall!

Adding to the well-balanced feel of the unit, just 15 pounds of down force on the handlebars will lift the auger blade off the ground in order to climb stairs/walkways for ease of snow removal. Safety has and continues to be paramount with spring return to centre "fail safe" type directional controls with emergency stop and tether cords.

Safety is one of the key theme, with a flashing blue light (as required by law in many areas) being the least of the safety features. No-one will fail to hear you with those twin throaty exhausts, which come standard with 92 decibels at the controls, though if the rhumba of a V8 exhaust is music to your ears, you can obviously go much louder. Evan at the standard baffling, hearing protection is strongly suggested.

The powerful yard machine lights and a dashboard with backlit gauges complete the package to ease the burden of this normally reviled task

The custom 42 inch, two stage auger has a Chevrolet 10 bolt truck differential with spool and a centrifugal auger clutch with shear pin protection, further adding to the image of this “automotive theme blower.” As each unit is cutom-built, optional extras for the snowblower are both diverse and outrageous as the base unit – there is unlimited auger choices from single to multi stage designs and various motor combinations to suit the religious preferences of the customer (Chevy, Dodge Hemi, Ford) and such exotica as a V-10 or a diesel engine or remote starting can be accommodated.

And if, after a while, you feel you’ve outgrown the 400 horses, this particular engine is well catered for in the performance modification area, with Lunati camshaft, Milodon Gear drive, Holley and Edelbrock components to name a few, and there’s always the fuel injection option too, if you feel you need to throw the snow out of the county or ensure your seat in the “neighborhood blower blingster hall of fame."

The V8 Snowblowers site can be found here, and if you’re interested in purchasing one of them, drop Sale Manager Kerry Phibbs an email.'

Rick
Our Room

smile
Page 4 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 13

Moderated by  alan, Amie, Andrew, axiomadmin, Brent, Debbie, Ian, Jc 

Link Copied to Clipboard

Need Help Graphic

Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics24,940
Posts442,457
Members15,616